Thursday 19 January 2012

A Fairmont Blessing...

I just wanted to tell you all about something VERY exciting that happened for us today.  We feel completely blessed, and wanted you all to hear about the wonderful people that exist in our world today.

Shawn and I had been looking at going to Fernie for our anniversary in February, but couldn't find a decent rate at the hotels.  I'm not sure if there is a ski competition that weekend or what, all the hotels were very expensive or already full.  I started looking at hotels in Jasper and found much better rates.  We could stay at the Fairmont in Jasper for the same price as the Best Western in Fernie...not a tough decision!

My Aunt Marg has always taught us that, it never hurts to ask.  My mom was talking to me about our trip and suggested I email the Fairmont to see if we could get a nicer room.  I sent them an email and just briefly explained our current situation and how much this weekend away means to us.  I heard back from them this week and spoke to them today.  Wow, did they ever go above and beyond our expectation!  They allowed us to book our room online, where we found an incredible deal, then took our reservation and changed it so that we are in one of the Lakefront suites.  They also offered us the Honeymoon cottage if we wanted, but were told the Lakefront suites were bigger and had a more beautiful view.  Isn't that so kind?

We are now even more excited for our weekend away and the chance to stay in a room we would never be able to pay for.  We know that God does these things in our lives to encourage us when we need it and give us some light in dark situations.  Good thing my Aunt Marg and my Mom were there to push me out of my comfort zone, you never know what someone is willing to do until you ask.

Here is a link to their website if you want to check them out:
"http://www.fairmont.com/jasper"
I'm sure you're welcome there anytime...just not the weekend we're there in February :)

1 comment:

  1. Erin and I stayed there on a marriage conference a couple years ago. It's gorgeous! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete