Saturday 4 May 2013

Holmes on Homes

Moving is stressful in the most normal circumstances.  I will admit that I am quite stressed and find my patience level to be extremely low, but I think we're doing fairly well with all things considered.  I have the motivation of knowing that we could be called to Edmonton at any moment.  I think about what I want to come home to and it pushes me to do as much as I possibly can.  I would guess that there are only 10% of the boxes left unpacked.  Many of them are boxes of things we likely should have thrown out to begin with.

On Thursday I wasn't able to see Hope at all.  On Friday I was losing my mind by the afternoon and went over to have a quick snuggle to get me through the evening of unpacking.  This morning I woke up early and got over to the hospital as quickly as I could.  I was only going to be there until noon and I wanted as much time as possible.  I want to be finished with everything so I can get back to seeing more of my girl!  Hope was excited to cuddle and quickly settled to sleep in my arms.  We spent the morning together and I got a lot of smiles out of her.  She received a blood transfusion yesterday and it appears to be helping her feel a lot better.

Hope was started on some oral iron supplements yesterday.  These can be extremely tough on the stomach and we are hopeful that Hope's body will not fight against the added iron.  Please pray that they are able to continue giving this to Hope as she really needs it.  Tomorrow Hope will spend the morning with Shawn.  She absolutely lights up when he's around and smiles more for him than anyone else.  I'm going to try to hit 6 different locations to run errands and get to the hospital by 2.  I'm not sure that's possible, but I'm going to give it a valiant effort.

The extra hassles have made this move that much more difficult.  Our brand new washing machine is not working properly.  Samsung is sending someone out, on Tuesday.  We've been going over to the old house to do laundry as we have piles of things and a toddler that sometimes accidentally pees her pants.  You simply cannot live with pee pants in your house for too long!  We bought stools for the island and one of them was damaged in the box.  I'll now have to drive back to the store for an exchange.  Our cable/internet was hooked up on Thursday, did not work, and was re-connected today. The curtain rods I bought do not work, the curtains are too short and we have yet to find a lot of Shawn's tools.  Where is Mike Holmes when you need him?  Shawn is great, but he only has two hands!

Sadie has adjusted well, she seems excited about her new room and is already familiar with all the new locations for her toys.  Shawn and I are both exhausted, aching all over and longing for a vacation.  We deeply pray that Hope gets a heart quickly and that it makes a huge impact on her overall health.  We would love to have her stable, at home and eventually ready to get on a plane.  All dreams we talk about often and continue to long for.  Thank you for praying for our family and for being patient as I've struggled to find the time for updating.

1 comment:

  1. Rita and Kaiya5 May 2013 at 17:40

    You are doing amazing! I am in awe of you and your sharing. Keep staying strong, it will be worth it all, I know its hard and I pray for you to have a break soon <3

    ReplyDelete