Saturday 20 April 2013

Packing

I haven't had the time to update in the last couple of days.  We have been working hard to get the house packed up in case Shawn needs to do the move, with me in Edmonton.  The house is probably 85% packed at this point and I feel a lot better knowing we've gotten that done.  We are living with very little in our kitchen and can only cook a limited selection of items.  All of Sadie's favourites are still easy enough to cook; macaroni, grilled cheese, soup and of course waffles!  She's struggling a bit with the packing and will often protect her things from getting put into a box.  I'm fairly sure she doesn't understand what's going on and will be fine once we begin unpacking at the new house.  

I have come to terms with the fact that Hope and I need to go back to Edmonton and have changed my attitude about it.  That's usually the most difficult part, once my attitude adjusts it all feels much easier.  I'm still hoping we are only there for the week and able to return next weekend.  Please join me in praying that things move along in a timely fashion and we're able to get back to Calgary with Hope to wait for a transplant here.  Please continue to pray that she is a candidate for transplant and that God provides a match for her soon.  

Today the hospital said they would likely send Hope on Monday.  That's not what we had hoped for, as they wanted to start her testing Monday morning.  This will delay the process and potentially keep us there a bit longer.  I am thankful that we have some connections in Edmonton and that I'll be able to take a break from the hospital each day.  We are so blessed by our community around us.  I'll have to get the laundry done and our things packed for Edmonton tonight, just in case we go tomorrow.  

Hope is doing very well on her new medications and is starting to gain a bit of the weight she's lost.  She's still not back up to 15 pounds yet, but is surely getting closer each day.  Her smiles have slowly returned and she's more playful once again.  We continue to work at feeding her by mouth and try to celebrate every small step in the right direction.  

Life is crazy at the moment, but crazy actually feels fairly normal to us these days.  Shawn is pretty great at knowing when I'm about to lose my mind and forcing me to stop and rest for a moment.  It slows down my progress, but keeps me sane.  Hope spent today with him at the hospital as Sadie and I worked at packing.  She found some very creative ways to stay busy and got a few good laughs out of me today too.  Thank you to everyone that has been praying us through this transition and also to everyone that has helped out.  




3 comments:

  1. Feeling your faith levels all the way to Ontario. I HATE packing and moving so my sympathies are there too. Keeping all of you in my thoughts and prayers - as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amy
    Our son had a heart transplant 7.5 yrs ago, he is doing amazing our surgeon was dr. Ross and our cardiologist was dr. Coe. We were told about your blog from a friend of ours dawn Marie of heart beats. Feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
    Daniel
    Dlara@telus.net

    ReplyDelete