Wednesday 17 April 2013

Transplant Work up

It was a long day of waiting and very little information.  In the end here is a synopsis...
Hope and I will be heading to Edmonton on Sunday, if a bed is available, or on Monday.  Once there, Hope will have a complete workup to see if she is a candidate for transplant.  It will involve a lot of doctors, meetings and tests.  At this point they've said it will take around 3 days, so it will likely take 5.

If it is decided that Hope is not currently a candidate, it could cause us to be in Edmonton longer.  At that point, they may revisit a liver surgery that was previously rejected.  It looks like we won't have an answer until the end of next week.

Many of you know that we take possession of our new house two weeks from today.  When we made this decision to list our home, Hope was stable and about to return home.  Things have changed quickly and we find ourselves moving in the midst of complete stress and chaos.

Please pray for us as we work hard to pack up as much as we can this weekend.  I am a little on the anal side and not having control during our move will be extremely difficult for me.  We are hopeful that next week's testing will show Hope is able to get a new heart, and we'll be back to Calgary before next weekend.  That would allow me to be here during the move.

The unknowns are very stressful and draining.  This is going to be a long week and I am not thrilled about needing to split up as a family again.  I'll be headed to Edmonton alone and Shawn and Sadie will play it by ear as we get more information and they will decide what to do.

Today Hope was much more stable.  The new medications have made a noticeable difference.  Hope was off oxygen and had stopped grunting for the first time in over two weeks!  Her heart was clearly working too hard and is so much happier with the extra boost from these drugs.  I'll continue to pray that God blesses her with a brand new heart that works the way it should.


4 comments:

  1. Hang in there Amy! I know moving can be stressful by themselves let a lone all your going through. One step at a time. Praying for all you mentioned and more...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy, I believe our Lord has given many of us near and far a deep and abiding love for Hope, yourself and indeed your entire family so that we may earnestly and sincerely bow before him in prayer for Hope. I pray that you will sense the blanket of love, support and prayer that surrounds you on this difficult journey for we will not waver in lifting our beloved Hope before Him!

    "We wait in hope for The Lord, he is our help and our
    shield.
    In Him our hearts rejoice, for we trust in His holy name.
    May your unfailing love rest upon us, oh Lord, even
    as we put our hope in you."

    Psalm 33: 20-22

    Kathy Campbell

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am praying for you and your family. we too just moved house and I know what a big job that is on its own. It's hard not to think too far ahead with when u take possession and with hope's current situation. may God give you the strength to get through each day.

    we have quite a few boxes left over from when moved and I would be more than happy to drop them off to you if u need them for this weekend. email me if you want me to drop them off. I am a friend of Rebecca Horseman. Here is my email address:
    caron.blanch@gmail.com

    caron

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in Edmonton if you need anything. Edie and Sieg K. know how to get in touch with me. Bless you! May God have you in the palm of his hand. May He cause His face to shine upon you and give you mercy.
    Cailey M.

    ReplyDelete