It was a long day of waiting and very little information. In the end here is a synopsis...
Hope and I will be heading to Edmonton on Sunday, if a bed is available, or on Monday. Once there, Hope will have a complete workup to see if she is a candidate for transplant. It will involve a lot of doctors, meetings and tests. At this point they've said it will take around 3 days, so it will likely take 5.
If it is decided that Hope is not currently a candidate, it could cause us to be in Edmonton longer. At that point, they may revisit a liver surgery that was previously rejected. It looks like we won't have an answer until the end of next week.
Many of you know that we take possession of our new house two weeks from today. When we made this decision to list our home, Hope was stable and about to return home. Things have changed quickly and we find ourselves moving in the midst of complete stress and chaos.
Please pray for us as we work hard to pack up as much as we can this weekend. I am a little on the anal side and not having control during our move will be extremely difficult for me. We are hopeful that next week's testing will show Hope is able to get a new heart, and we'll be back to Calgary before next weekend. That would allow me to be here during the move.
The unknowns are very stressful and draining. This is going to be a long week and I am not thrilled about needing to split up as a family again. I'll be headed to Edmonton alone and Shawn and Sadie will play it by ear as we get more information and they will decide what to do.
Today Hope was much more stable. The new medications have made a noticeable difference. Hope was off oxygen and had stopped grunting for the first time in over two weeks! Her heart was clearly working too hard and is so much happier with the extra boost from these drugs. I'll continue to pray that God blesses her with a brand new heart that works the way it should.