In honour of Thanksgiving this weekend, I'll tell you about some of the awesome things that Hope has done in the last day.
Hope was taken out of ICE and moved to the ward today! She is now in a room with a little girl that has the exact same heart condition. They appear to be trying to out scream each other, hopefully this stops before midnight! Hope's belly measured at 44.5cm this afternoon! That is the smallest it's been in a long time without any help from protein infusions.
Our prayer has been that God would help Hope to get rid of some of the fluid build up in her abdomen. It appears that's exactly what He's doing. She is making so much progress without needing to be on the infusions. Being only 4 days post-op, she's doing SOOO well. I can't find any reason for Dr. Ross to deny doing Hope's surgery. She has proven that she has a lot of fight in her and is ready for the heart surgery.
Over this long weekend, we are asking you to pray for the meeting on Tuesday. That is when Hope's surgeon and the cardiologists will make a decision about her second surgery. The date they set will leave our family with the decision of where to live in the meantime. If Hope's surgery happens in a month or so, we would stay here to continue her treatment with the GI team in Edmonton. If they decide to delay the surgery for a long time, that will be more difficult. If that happens, we may have to come back to Calgary in the interim and be followed by Calgary's GI team. This is not the ideal option for Hope. Please pray that whatever decision is made is best for Hope.
We are trying out some bolus feeds with Hope this evening. She's on her 3rd feed and seems to be tolerating them well. With all the procedures, formula changes and surgery, Hope has been on continuous feeds for a long time. Please pray that she continues to tolerate them and gets back on a feeding schedule.
I am pleased to say that I made my goal, Hope stayed on breast milk until her 1/2 birthday!! We are now on our last 3 days of breast milk and are transitioning Hope to full formula feeds. She's done very well so far. Please pray that she continues to accept the new feeds, it's her only option!
I've asked about the possibility of taking Hope out on a pass for a few hours this weekend. They haven't agreed to it at this point. They are considering it, if Hope does really well over the next 24 hours. I would love for Hope to get some fresh air if possible.
We continue to be so touched by the churches and total strangers that continue to pray for our family. I look at the people that follow the blog and wonder who many of them are! We see the evidence of people praying and ask you to continue, it's making an impact.