Last night was Hope's last enoxaparin (blood thinner) injection before her surgery. They have now switched her to a less intense blood thinner to keep her bleeding down in the OR. That was started this morning through Hope's PICC line. No other changes were made to her care and I don't have much to update on.
Tomorrow Hope will go through a series of tests to prepare her for the surgery. She'll have an echo, blood work, ECG and X-ray. We still have not received a time for Wednesday and likely will not until Tuesday night. We would appreciate your prayers as patience is tough at the end. If Hope is taken on Wednesday, we'll do alright. But the chances of a delay in surgery are very possible. There are a lot of logistics involved in having an open heart surgery. If there is not a bed available in the PICU, the surgery will be cancelled. We are praying that this will not happen and Hope will be taken on time and not delayed for days, or weeks!
I had Hope sitting up in a Bumbo chair today. She is holding up her head and playing with toys, she's grown so much in the last few months. It's exciting to see her develop and grow in the midst of so many set backs.
Tomorrow will be a tough day, it will be hard not to think about the surgery. Please continue to lift up our family in prayer.