Sunday 13 January 2013

Date Night Fail

I am slowly coming to the realization that planning is not a good idea.  With friends in town from Colorado, I planned a day of rest for myself.  On Monday I booked appointments and planned to do errands that I enjoy in order to rejuvenate and get ready for a busy week, month and maybe even year.  We then found out that Hope was going into the OR on Monday.  They have decided to pull her PICC line and put in a new one on Monday if they can.  Unfortunately we really need them to be successful.  One of Hope's nurses accidentally pulled Hope's PICC line some of the way out today.  It is no longer in place and cannot be used for her TPN because the concentration is too high and would burn her.  They are running a lower concentration of the liquid nutrients to keep her weight loss to a minimum.  Our hands our now tied and we need a miracle in the OR tomorrow.  I will also have to cancel all of my appointments in the morning and will not be resting.

Knowing that Hope throws some curve balls our way, Shawn and I decided to go on a date tonight.  We know we won't have a lot of time together this week and with our friends here, it was perfect.  Sadie was left home, happy in Heather's care.  We drove Lana to the hospital to take over with Hope and spend the night there.  I barely made it to Hope's room before my stomach revolted against me and I had to hang out in the bathroom for awhile.  Sorry for the over share.  With that, our date was cancelled and we drove home quickly so I could spend the night with our toilet.  I'm just praying it passes quickly and was only something I ate.

On Tuesday Hope will be airlifted back to Edmonton and will have her heart cath on Wednesday.  We are praying that she'll be able to come back on Thursday or Friday.  If that happens, Shawn and Sadie will stay in Calgary to stick with Sadie's normal routine.  If Hope isn't leaving Edmonton as quickly as we hope, that could change our plans.  With two anesthetics in three days, we realize it could be a challenge.  

I'm not really sure how I feel, numb I guess.  I'm anxious about the upcoming trips to the OR and always hope for the best but am aware that Hope often struggles.  This is going to be a difficult week regardless.  We could truly use your prayers.

8 comments:

  1. Extra wishes to the universe for positive results this week to your family!!! I'm so sorry this week will be so tough on you but really hoping they find answers and it can be the beginning of a smoother road... will be thinking of you and Hope... Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Amy - will pray that all will recover quickly & smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying... Remember that God loves Sadie more than you do, and he loves you, Shawn and Sadie!
    "Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with Thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds through Christ Jesus" Phil. 4:6,7
    Just happened upon that tonight :) Take care of yourself...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, Hugs and Prayers for your whole family!! Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  5. praying for miracles, smooth procedures and good responses to medication and new lines. and praying you feel better quickly, and have peace over and above any numbness. you are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. Is all I can say! I keep praying for you all. And your faith is very strong and uplifting ..we pray for a miracle,and comfort and rest. .keep up the faith....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Praying for all of you, for wisdom, peace, joy, miracles and God's will.

    from Regina

    ReplyDelete