Knowing that Hope throws some curve balls our way, Shawn and I decided to go on a date tonight. We know we won't have a lot of time together this week and with our friends here, it was perfect. Sadie was left home, happy in Heather's care. We drove Lana to the hospital to take over with Hope and spend the night there. I barely made it to Hope's room before my stomach revolted against me and I had to hang out in the bathroom for awhile. Sorry for the over share. With that, our date was cancelled and we drove home quickly so I could spend the night with our toilet. I'm just praying it passes quickly and was only something I ate.
On Tuesday Hope will be airlifted back to Edmonton and will have her heart cath on Wednesday. We are praying that she'll be able to come back on Thursday or Friday. If that happens, Shawn and Sadie will stay in Calgary to stick with Sadie's normal routine. If Hope isn't leaving Edmonton as quickly as we hope, that could change our plans. With two anesthetics in three days, we realize it could be a challenge.
I'm not really sure how I feel, numb I guess. I'm anxious about the upcoming trips to the OR and always hope for the best but am aware that Hope often struggles. This is going to be a difficult week regardless. We could truly use your prayers.