Monday 17 September 2012

Grumpy Momma Continued...

Things change quickly around here, we've mentioned that before.  This afternoon our nurse practitioner came in with some news.  Hope's surgery for next Monday was cancelled.  They have moved her to the following Thursday because of some back ups with the OR flooding.  We thought 11 days was a long wait, but we have another 17 to go!  This also cancelled her PICC line placement as they won't need it until closer to her surgery date.

It's funny, I felt completely calm and relaxed when they gave us this information.  A true sign of the prayer that surrounds us and my faith in God's timing.  Hope's surgery is now scheduled for October 4th.  The one thing Dr. Ross kept saying about Hope's Glenn surgery was that he wanted her to be 6 months old.  Now her hernia surgery is on her 6 month birthday and by the time she heals, she'll be 6 1/2 months old.  We know that they won't discharge her with the hernia, I have to think that God is delaying the surgery to keep her in a safe place.  It may be what we need to have the Glenn while we're here and not have to go home in between the surgeries.

Two weeks with nothing going on at the hospital is a long time.  It's kind of like being in prison at times and I go a little crazy.  Not that I've ever been in prison, but I can imagine the feeling.  We have put in a request for day passes to see if we would be able to bring Hope to RMH at times for a break from the hospital.  No word on whether or not that has been approved at this point.  Stay tuned....

1 comment:

  1. Hi Amy,

    Glad to hear that you felt God working in the situation and feel surrounded by His love in His plan as the surgery has moved back. I will be praying that he helps to heal Hope in preparation for her surgery on the 4th.

    Along with many friends, I have been introduced to your blog and to Hope through a good friend, Lauren, here in Oakville, ON. Lauren gave me a magnet yesterday with a beautiful photo of Hope on it. I put it on my fridge today so that my whole family will be reminded to pray for her when they stop by the kitchen.

    Praying that God continues to give you and your family the strength to keep leaning on Him and trusting Him with your lives and with the life of your precious Hope.

    With love,
    Sonya

    ReplyDelete