We are so blessed by the vast number of people that are praying for Hope and our family. I truly believe that through those prayers, I am numb. I believe at times it is the safest way to be and it has allowed me to find joy in some of the moments in today.
Hope's belly measured at 45cm this morning. We have gone down a total of 4cm's and will have a final measurement done in the morning. The protein infusions and heavy doses of diuretics are working. I wish it was a permanent solution, but will welcome the temporary relief it gives our sweet girl. Hope was given her last protein infusion at noon today and it ran until 1pm. This was the final dose she was meant to receive before surgery. We were absolutely amazed that all three doses were able to be given through the same IV without it giving out. That is simply not possible with the veins that are in Hope's little body. At 2pm her IV gave out and was lost. It would have been great to have it for surgery tomorrow, but was most important for the protein infusions. They had to run blood thinners through the IV 24 hours a day in order to keep it open for as long as they did. They will attempt to start a new IV in the morning, please pray for success on the first poke.
At 2pm we had a photographer with a beautiful heart come and take family photos. It was a tough decision for me as it felt like I was admitting defeat before the battle. I chose instead to realize that no mother will ever regret getting beautiful pictures of her children! I will be blessed to see their sweet faces, no matter the outcome.
After the photos, we realized that without an IV we could take Hope out of the hospital. We packed her up and took her out for a walk to RMH. She thrives in the fresh air and was simply content for the rest of the afternoon. We had dinner as a family before I walked back to the hospital with Hope to check her in for the night. She has no idea how important tomorrow is for her.
We have an official surgery time of 12:30 tomorrow. There is obviously a chance that this could change if the surgeries ahead of us have any complications. We're fairly certain it will happen in the afternoon at some point.
We are asking you to pray for Hope. Here are some of the most important specifics that we are pleading with God for:
- that the fluid sac in Hope's abdomen would not be accidentally touched during the procedure. We do NOT want the fluid to drain as it will refill too quickly and potentially more abundantly as well.
-that she would not struggle while under the anesthetic and would not react to any of the medications given.
-that the hernia repair would be successful and would not return.
-that the fluid she has lost in her abdomen over the last 3 days would not return. We've been told that it will return as soon as the protein infusions stop. We are praying this is not the case.
-that there will be NO clotting or further damage to any of her veins.
Believing that our God is capable of all this and so much more, we entrust her into His care.