Saturday 8 December 2012

Coughing Kids

There is a positive side to almost everything in life.  Sadie has Croup, something we are less likely to contract as adults.  Shawn and I feel relieved to know that we won't catch it, but need to work diligently to be sure Hope does not catch it.  Sadie is not allowed in the Children's Hospital at all until it passes.  I've been working hard to sleep at home while Sadie is sick and have a friend sleep with Hope.  Last night, Sadie was up all through the night and we hardly slept.

Hope has been put on isolation.  Yesterday her nose was full of snot and she struggled to breath.  The doctors sent samples off to lab to find out if she is carrying a virus of some kind as well.  She seems better today and we're hoping she did not catch a cold...or Croup!  Please pray protection upon her little fragile body as she fights through the germs she comes in contact with each day.

I've been out of the hospital a lot more with Sadie being sick.  It makes me feel more out of the loop with Hope's care and is frustrating for the doctors that are looking to speak with us.  Regardless, we feel this is what Sadie needs right now and try not to feel guilty.  Hope is never alone and our friends do a wonderful job of loving her.  Life appears to only get more complicated for our family right now!

Hope continues to struggle with her feeds and is vomiting multiple times each day.  We're pushing through in the hopes that her little body will adjust to the feeds.  Please pray for Hope's feeding issues.  We need her to eat so we can turn off the liquid nutrients and get her home!


8 comments:

  1. Hi Amy,
    I follow your cousin on instagram, which is how I found out about Hope, and see that we are both in calgary.
    If there is anyway I can help...baking, babysitting, general errand running, anything....please let me know.
    Sending much love, hope and prayers to all of you.
    Kael

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could she be lactose intollerant? On top of everything else that just seems cruel, but if so maybe more food would stay down
    Fingers crossed for an easy fix! Thinking of you daily baby Hope!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a precious little baby girl you have. That photo made me think of how God must have felt when Jesus was born as a baby, and He knew the suffering Jesus would have to endure, and yet they did it for us. Only God truly knows the pain in your hearts as you look at that beautiful, innocent little girl and watch her suffer- He understands and He never slumbers or sleeps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Amy, I am Jenn Rottier's Mexican Mama. I was living in PV when she was living there and needed a friend. We became fairly close. We live in Calgary now and I would be happy to assist you in any way. If you need someone to stay at the hospital please let me know. My name is Deb and you can reach me at debfk10@hotmail.com.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet, sweet baby!

    Praying for rest for you all tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thinking of you and praying for your family everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Amy, I'm a friend of Deanna's. When I looked at that picture of Hope (such a wonderful name!) tonight (and it looks like a shadow above her head?) this verse popped into my head,

    "Those who live in the shelter of the Most High, will find rest in the shadow of the Almighty" Ps. 91:1.

    Though we have never met, your courage, faith and hope inspire me and I know your faithfulness and testimony bring Joy to God's heart. Praying for peace and long sleeps for you all!
    Dorothy

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sweet picture of Hope sleeping peacefully. She is such a precious baby. I am praying for her and for your family.

    ReplyDelete