Monday 3 December 2012

Dry Diapers

There is one good thing about a bad night with Hope.  The following night I'm usually able to sleep through anything!  Last night the doctors and nurses were in many times.  Hope was X-rayed, had blood drawn and had a test done to show the level or urine in her bladder.  I never noticed any of it, I slept peacefully and woke up feeling so much better today.  If Hope sleeps through the night, I can sleep too.  Her cry is the only thing that wakes me up every time.

It has now been 10 hours since Hope last peed.  The doctors are obviously concerned and are trying to decide what to do next.  They have stopped feeding Hope this morning, for the second day in a row.  They are still considering tapping her right lung again.  Yesterday they had decided to hold off and give her one more day.  I have yet to hear if they'll be performing the procedure again today or not.  

Hope is now on a higher dose of pain medication and appears much more comfortable.  They have also added a pump with a button.  When Hope appears extremely uncomfortable, I can push the button and give her some extra pain medication.  I'm still not sure why Hope is still in pain, but I want her to be comfortable and will continue to fight for her comfort.  

Tonight a volunteer is going to sleep at the hospital while Shawn and I head to a Christmas party with friends.  I'm really looking forward to getting out and seeing some friends that we haven't been able to see since we've been back in Calgary.  We certainly could not get through this without the support of our friends and family.

Please continue to pray for wisdom for Hope's doctors.  Pray that the fluid on her lungs would soon be gone and also pray for wet diapers!

3 comments:

  1. praying! glad you're getting out tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying and sending healing daily. Several friends have continued to do so as well. Keep us posted, please.

    ReplyDelete