Thursday 13 December 2012

Emesis=Fancy Barf

I never know what to call things when I'm speaking to the doctors.  They have fancy names for vomit, poop and everything else Hope does.  Last night Hope threw up 5 times and had another 2 episodes today.  They are planning to have her completely off TPN at midnight tonight, but this is going to be hard on Hope.  She is not liking the volume in her tummy, even though she really needs it to grow.  It's going to be tough to get her feeding fully into her stomach.  Please join us in praying that this transition will go much faster than we're expecting.  It is the only thing holding us in the hospital at this point.

No other changes to report.  No news on the clot, the line will likely be pulled late tomorrow night or on the weekend.  We'll try to let everyone know once we have a time and date for that.  We are begging God to spare her from a brain injury.  I watched a father lift his handicapped child into their van in the parking lot today.  I was struck by the fact that Hope could receive a severe brain injury from this clot if it ends up in her brain.  I began thinking about it when a song popped into my head and I just had to sing it.  Thankfully the parkade is loud and no one else had to listen to my singing, just the Lord.  I sang,

"Our God is greater, our God is stronger
God You are higher than any other
Our God is Healer, awesome and power
Our God, Our God..." 

Although I still worry about Hope, I got into the car feeling peace.  I drove back to our house to have dinner with Shawn and Sadie.  I believe that God is in control, He has a plan for Hope's life and I can only pray that His plan is to save her.

5 comments:

  1. Clinging to the truths of that song is really all we can all do. Many hundreds of us are praying that the clot will be dissolved and/or harmless by then. We will humbly ask and trust with you. Rest well tonight - hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So praying with you. I believe God is in control and has a big plan for Hope. Bigger even than she's proven already.!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Only the belief that there is a higher power than us will get all of us through the awful times in our lives. You are such an inspiration, Amy. And that you have spread this inspiration to places throughout the entire world is simply amazing. Please consider writing a book some day about Hope's journey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "In your name I will hope, for your name is good." -Psalm 52:9
    I am praying and believing and hoping for Hope, in the powerful name of Jesus.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many powerful prayerful songs come to mind. Continuting to PRAY for Hope, and your family, and .... all of the lives touched along the way. Praying that the medical staff would see the power of our Lord.

    "Blessings" -Laura Story
    "Healer" - Hillsong
    "He is our Peace"....

    ReplyDelete