This morning my mom went over to the hospital and I had breakfast with Sadie while we waited for her great aunt to pick her up. At 9:45, my mom called to let me know that Hope was scheduled to go back to Calgary. This was VERY exciting for us all. We were pretty guarded in our excitement, but excited nonetheless.
Shawn left work and came over to meet us at the hospital. We spent the rest of the day cuddling with Hope until the team arrived to take her back to Calgary. She departed at 3 pm and beat us to Calgary (the plane was much faster than our car!) We also had to pack up all of our things and load them into the car with Sadie. Sadie was pretty scared as soon as she saw the suitcases. I think it will be really good for her to start sleeping in her own bed each night.
After we arrived in Calgary and dropped Sadie and my mom off at the house with our things, Shawn and I went over to the hospital to see Hope. Hope is in the same room as she was last time we were transferred to Calgary. It's a bit of a frustrating experience when you get transferred. Everyone has a different opinion and all the information we receive is different.
Here in Calgary they are debating whether to take Hope off breast milk and put her on special formula to treat the chylothorax that the Edmonton doctors said had resolved. They are concerned about some fluid on the right side of the lung, something they didn't seem too concerned about in Edmonton. They are also very concerned about the temperature of Hope's feet - they're very cold and that could mean problems with her heart function. Tomorrow, Hope will be having an ultrasound and echo to decide what the next steps will be in her treatment. Please join us in praying that if anything is found, it won't be something that requires us to return to Edmonton!
I have a lot of things to do now that we're home and need to get off the internet!! I'll update more tomorrow after we get a better idea of what's going on here. Thank you for continuing to pray for Hope and our family.