Saturday 28 April 2012

Clouds on a Sunny Day...

I am writing this from my very own living room in Calgary.  We are all still in shock that we're in Calgary and Hope is finally in the right city!  It felt incredible to leave the Ronald McDonald House and I can only imagine how amazing it will be to sleep in my own bed.  I am beyond exhausted currently and completely overwhelmed.  There are a lot of people in Calgary we would love to connect with but we're going to need some time and are kindly asking that people understand and not drop by.  We don't have to worry about our phone ringing as our home phone appears to not be working, not sure why but eventually we'll look into having that fixed.

Hope was taken from the NICU in Edmonton, but we were not able to travel with her and the team on the plane.  As a result, we started the 3 hour drive back to Calgary after she was already on her way.  My mom spent all morning cleaning the room at the Ronald McDonald House and packing like a wild woman.  I'm sure she'll feel the pain for some time in her body.  We drove back to Calgary, as some wonderful friends so kindly cleaned our house and filled our fridge!  We dropped off our things at the house, had some dinner and then headed over to the hospital.  We truly would not have been able to make the transition so smoothly without the help of our friends and family.

Hope is in the PICU and it feels like a foreign land. We were so used to the hospital in Edmonton and will have to relearn everything here.  Sadly, after Hope arrived in Calgary, they discovered that she has an infection, again!  As a result, she is in isolation until they pinpoint what has caused it and we are also isolating her from any visitors as we really need her to be infection free!  There is a good chance that the infection source is Hope's central IV line and that line will be pulled tomorrow.  This will result in new IV's being put in.  Please pray that the IV's are perfect on the first try and she doesn't go through the torture she did before surgery.

Please pray for me, I am truly burnt out and completely exhausted.  I can't find the energy to answer the phone even if it did work, and feel like I've been up for 24 hours straight.  I need a good sleep and my body to fully heal from my own infection.   I also need these headaches to stop, it is so draining and I want to be with Hope and not feel ill all the time.  Thank you for continuing to care!

1 comment:

  1. So glad you guys are at home now - what a gift!!! Praying for you and Hope re those infections and for healing, rest, and no more headaches! So good to hear about awesome friends and family helping in such practical ways, too. Praying you get some supernatural rest and rejuvenation. He is able to do immeasurably more than we can ask or imagine. Praying for you to experience more of that More :). Bless you guys. - Annie b in Toronto

    ReplyDelete