It was a rough night, we were woken up at 4am with a phone call from the NICU to tell us that Hope was being intubated as she was not breathing well on her own. We couldn't go back to sleep after a call like that, so Shawn and I drove into the hospital to see our little girl. She was highly sedated and seemed pretty settled. We drove home for a couple hours of sleep before returning this morning before rounds.
Hope is still very sedated and tolerating the breathing tube well, she sucks on it like a soother but randomly chokes on it a bit too. We were told this morning that Hope's blood cultures did start to grow some bacteria, this shows that she has an infection of some kind. They drew more blood this morning to see if it would grow bacteria again, as she has been on antibiotics for 24 hours and they're hoping they've already stopped the infection. If they have, surgery will stay on schedule for Thursday, if they come back positive for bacteria again they'll have to bump her surgery. Please pray against this as we're hoping she'll be able to go in for surgery on Thursday and not have to wait too much longer.
They are going to allow us to hold her for a little bit today but it's a more complicated process with the breathing tube in and we won't be able to hold her for long. Please pray for strength for us today, we're pretty emotional and extremely exhausted. We really need a good sleep after such a short sleep last night.