As many of you have already learned on Facebook, Hope's surgery has been cancelled for tomorrow. Her blood cultures came back positive for bacteria again and, as a result, they are not able to operate tomorrow. She has been on a strong antibiotic for the last 24 hours, they ran her blood cultures again this morning, so we'll find out tomorrow if they are negative or positive. We are praying that the results are negative and there is still room on the surgery roster for Friday. We should receive some more information tomorrow and will keep you all posted.
This is getting really tough and we're feeling drained emotionally. You get yourself psyched up for the surgery day and it's hard to find out at 3pm that the surgery is no longer happening the next day. At this point we just want to get it over with, it's difficult to hold Hope and we spend the day just sitting next to her and waiting. This morning, Shawn and I slept in while my mom attended rounds so we could be ready for the surgery...at least we had a good sleep! We really hope we don't have to wait until Monday for surgery and are trusting that God will work it out in his perfect timing.
Hope is still on the breathing tube and is sedated and sleeping most of the time. We do get some brief periods with her eyes open but she's mostly very dopey. It's hard to see her like this and we're hoping to get the surgery over with so she'll begin improving and be able to have her breathing tube removed.
Sadie is on her way to BC today, please pray for traveling mercies and for Josh and Amanda as they road trip such a great distance with a toddler. We're hoping that the surgery date works out so Sadie doesn't return too close to the day of the surgery, Sadie returns with Auntie Lindsay next Friday, April 20th. Please pray that the infection will be cleared so we can go ahead with surgery and that it will happen this Friday so we have a full week post op before Sadie returns to get us laughing again.