Saturday 4 August 2012

All about hearts!

Hope is a very smart little baby, she doesn't forget things too quickly and is very aware of where she is. We were back at the hospital on Friday to meet with the anaesthetist and to prepare for Hope's MRI.  As soon as the nurse touched Hope, she started to scream. It was as if she was saying, "I remember yesterday and I am not pleased to be back here!"  The doctor approved Hope for having the MRI done in Calgary, it would have to be done in Edmonton if her heart function wasn't stable enough.  Calgary does not do a lot of heart/lung bypass and will send babies to Edmonton that are too risky.  He was a little concerned about Hope's breathing, but was encouraging and said that they will be extra careful with sweet Hope.  We still don't have a formal date for the MRI but have a potential date of August 20th.  I'll keep you posted when we receive an official date.

The best news of the weekend...Holly was able to come back to Calgary to wait at home for her new heart.  Please continue to pray that her new heart would become available soon and that her old heart would stay strong until it arrives.  Pray also for her family as they will have a lot of appointments, and anxiety as they wait.  (to anyone who sent them a card to RMH and gets it back, I can pass it along for you, just send it to me)

Hope has been more content today, not as many tears as she's had the past few days.  It helps to have Shawn at home with me, he's so good with the kids and they all seem to behave more when he's around!  Sadie has been sticking close to Daddy's side all day, she had a melt down when he went away for a bit.  It is such a blessing to see our girls love their dad and want to be close to him, I hope that never changes.

I signed up this week for a 5km run.  That doesn't sound like a big deal to the runners that read this, but I don't think I've ever run a full km in my entire life!  It's a fundraising run for Heart Beats, they're an awesome organization that help families with children who have CHD.  I'm forming a team that will run for Hope, Holly and Lincoln.  If you live in Calgary and want to join, let me know and I can send you all the info.  If you'd like to make a donation to Heart Beats in honour of my run, simply go to runningroom.com and select 'giving' and search Amy Koslowski.  I'm dreading it, and looking forward to it at the same time.

My week of too many appointments is finally over, I've been a bit of an emotional wreck.  Please pray for a better week ahead.  I have been feeling really overwhelmed and on the verge of tears constantly.  Hope's blood thinner levels are border line still, continue to pray that we would get them under control to keep her from clotting any further.  Thank you for caring.

No comments:

Post a Comment