It is clearly God's timing, he reminded how much I needed Him and then dropped a bomb on me today. Hope did well in the OR and now has a PICC line in her left arm. We were thankful that they were able to use her left arm and didn't risk clotting her right side, the best access point for a central line in her second surgery.
We are now in the ICU. Hope is receiving her first transfusion of Milrinone and seems to be tolerating it well. The teleconference is now over, and our cardiologist came and met with me right away. He didn't come with the best news, although he came with answers. Hope is now being transferred to Edmonton, she'll be leaving today or tomorrow. Once we arrive in Edmonton, they'll give her a bit more time on Milrinone and will then perform her heart cath.
We officially had the transplant bomb dropped on us today. I apologize to all the people close to us that are reading this online and were not contacted directly. I feel so numb right now and simply couldn't make the calls, sorry. If Hope's heart cath does not look very good with her heart function and pressure, she'll be going on the transplant list. We need to pray like we have never prayed before, that the Milrinone will make an incredible impact on her heart and we will still be candidates for the Glenn.
Hope will be taken by air when the transport can be arranged and we'll be driving up behind her as a family. We're not sure what we're doing with Sadie, at this point, but I imagine we won't be sleeping as a family for a long time. If Hope's function and pressure are good enough, she'll be receiving her Glenn in Edmonton. It looks like we'll be there for a while.
We also need you to pray for some healthy children to start moving out of the Ronald McDonald House. They are currently full and unable to take us, although we're on the waiting list. The RMH is closer to the hospital than the hotels, are we're more comfortable there.
I'll try to write more later, right now I can't even think straight.